Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Week 3 - Unstoppable Me

Unstoppable Me !

Who is Unstoppable - Me, that's who ..!!! 

Last Thursday night I miss-stepped going down stairs to bed and badly twisted my left shoulder - it was really sore so I went to the doctor and was sent for an X-ray and told to rest the arm for a week. I had to have a slink to prevent the arm swinging while walking - Trust me - As simple as it sounds - without a sling it is very difficult to stop your arms swinging when walking! 
Also - my sneakers broke same darn week!  The soles came unstuck and I tried gluing them but one worked  so-so and one didn't work at all. Not to worry, I ripped off the torn sole as the flapping sound it made whilst walking drove me nuts! 

So... There I was - one arm injured and unable to do rep workout and using sneakers that should have been binned. What did I do?  I carried on - that's what !
Well, years ago this would have been my "get out of exercise jail card" - not my fault, shit happens but I can't exercise at the moment. Shame..... 

NOT THIS TIME! ....  Arm in a sling, I walked down to Jetts and used the treadmill for an solid hour . Admittedly I had to walk slower and hang on to the rails so my arm wouldn't swing - but at least I got my A into G - back in the Gym. For that -I have to give myself a bit of a pat on the back. 
I am going to save up and get a new pair of sneakers too, in the mean time these ones will do. I just pray it doesn't rain too much as I'm not too sure how waterproof they are now. 
Jetts won't quit on Me and I refuse to Quit on Myself either !

No comments:

Post a Comment