Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Week 1 Empowerment

Week 1  It's been longer than a week really because I joined just prior to Christmas - but it was a hectic time so I really started going to Jetts in the New Year - so this really is Week 1 of regular Gym commitment.

Empowerment!

 I felt it yesterday while walking to Jetts Gym -  A sense of Empowerment over myself and my body.
No longer do I let my body tell me what I Can't do - Now, I tell My Body what I Will do! 
There is something so incredibly empowering about taking charge of your body...It's the best kind of high there is. It's only taken me 51 years, but as they say, 'better late than never...'

Workout Schedule

I was given a workout schedule - 3x 20 Regular Repetitions & Cardio with some stretching.
Trust me you need this schedule to get your mind set into the routine. It wasn't beyond me but within my capabilities given that I was a newbie with prior injuries and baggage - lots of baggage I desperately needed to shed.
It is now the end of week one and I find myself extending that schedule with a few more repetitions and more time on the Cardio equipment. It feels so great at the end having done it - such a major Buzz!

I will be taking more photos and measurements in a month to monitor the changes - It started with simply wanting to loose weight to fit a dress 2 sizes too small - that is my first goal this month.
But now I have a second goal -  to get down to 80kg in the next month.


No comments:

Post a Comment